TL;DR: The Center feature set has moved to Drip. The vision for Center lives on, but inside of Drip. We’re sunsetting Center.io, and Center customers will get Drip for free. We’ll help you migrate everything over.
* * *
Update, 6/19/17: I want to thank the Center Early Adopters for your candid thoughts. We’re grateful for your belief in Center before it was even something you could log into, and we certainly don’t want you to feel let down.
We want to offer all of our Center Early Adopters (who have maintained their memberships until now) unlimited use of Drip, free for one year. After that, you’ll be given special pricing for any plan you choose. (But if you’d rather receive a direct prorated refund or a credit to your Leadpages account, just let our support team know.)
Please reach out to our support team directly so we can work on getting everything set up for you.
To summarize, here’s what early adopters have received, in addition to access to the Center product:
- LeadPages Certification ($1,000 Value, Free): This is the premier certification for anyone who is serious about marketing and impacting customers. Those who hold this certification will be seen at the top of their field with the greatest understanding of the complexities and benefits of having a robust online marketing strategy.
- Monthly Coaching Calls to Guide Your Marketing Automation ($1,000 Value, Free): For a year after signing up as a Center early adopter, you were able to dial into our Q&A coaching calls and get all your marketing automation questions answered—including how to set up a marketing automation strategy for your specific business.
- A One-Time Special Offer To Get A Free Year Of Drip (at least a $1,000 value): Right after Leadpages acquired Drip, we offered Center early adopters a one-time limited opportunity to get a free year of unlimited use of Drip. This offer has now expired, but a number of early adopters took advantage of this.
In addition to this (like I wrote above) all currently enrolled early adopters are getting unlimited use of Drip, free for one year. After that, you’ll be given special pricing for any plan you choose.
I also want to add this note:
This April, you paid us for an additional year’s membership in the Center EA program. And with this free year of unlimited use of Drip, I feel like we’re delivering on the spirit of the Center early adopter program. Beyond this first year (which you already paid for if your membership is current), we can’t provide unlimited plans for Drip.
There are two reasons for this:
- There are large fixed costs associated with the bulk email sending and spam compliance that Drip does. And while we’re OK with operating at a potential loss for a year, we just can’t do that indefinitely.
- Drip allows for the creation of unlimited users and sub-accounts. Combine this with an unlimited plan and we’d be taking on an unacceptable amount of risk. Again, we’re OK with this risk for a year (and to deliver on the year of the early adopter plan that you’ve paid for) but we’re not OK with this risk for an indefinite amount of time.
No product lasts forever, but some last more than others. We believe that these kinds of outcomes are always a possibility with early adopter programs, and that we’ve now delivered on the spirit of what you’ve paid for, especially when you include the bonuses listed above.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.
* * *
We’re sunsetting Center, but it’s not because the product vision isn’t important to us. Center has been incredibly important to me.
I vividly remember filming the homepage video for Center.io. It was July 8, 2016. I drove to Leadpages headquarters, ran into our filming studio, read the video script off the teleprompter, then immediately got back into my car and drove to the hospital.
My wife was going into labor with twins and I needed to be there stat.